Long Term Care
At Elmora Hills, we believe that individuals who require long-term care deserve to enjoy a healthy and quality life to the greatest extent possible. Our long-term care program is structured to ideally address the specific needs and interests of seniors and long-term care patients.
Our goal is for long-term care residents to relish each day and all that it brings. Seniors are treated with the love, respect, and care that they deserve.
We understand…we have cared for our own parents too.
Some program highlights include:
In order to maximize each patient’s overall function, health, and mobility Elmora Hills’ long-term care program emphasizes a restorative approach.
The environment at Elmora Hills is positive and upbeat, so residents truly relish and appreciate life.
The Elmora Hills Social Services team is dedicated to ensuring that every resident thrives socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Elmora Hills provides the amenities and creature comforts that seniors appreciate.
Our carefully selected Elmora Hills caregivers undergo special sensitivity training, and treat residents with love, compassion, and dignity.
Self-sufficiency contributes to residents’ overall health and well-being. Residents are encouraged to function as independently as possible, and to choose the activities and meal options that they prefer.
Memory Impaired Care
For individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive disorders,Elmora Hills provides care that is specifically designed to address this population’s needs.
Our staff members are especially sensitive to the physical, emotional, and psycho-social needs of these residents; they are treated with an extra measure of dignity, and every effort is made to ensure that they are as comfortable and familiar as possible.
- SEPARATE UNIT - For the safety and well-being of cognitively impaired residents, Elmora Hills provides a familiar and secure environment: a separate designated unit with wide, homelike corridors that are easy to navigate.
- CAREGIVERS - The Alzheimer’s unit caregivers are specially trained to care for this specific population. With extra sensitivity as well as an understanding of the condition and its impact, our caregivers treat each resident with dignity and love.
- PROGRAMMING - The Alzheimers / dementia care program helps promote cognitive function and retention. Likewise, activities are designed to foster social interaction.
- THERAPY-- Innovative sensory therapies such as audiovisual stimuli and aromatherapy are beneficial in inducing a sense of calm for those in more advanced stages.
In addition to our regular long-term care program, Elmora Hills also offers:
- Respite care, allowing family members a short break or even a well-deserved vacation
- Hospice care, administered by specially trained caregivers